The 5 Best Liver Detox Supplements
In our commitment to bring you only the best detox products Australia has to offer, we have gathered and reviewed 5 of the Best Liver Detox Supplements. We analysed, tested and ranked the products based on the brand’s reputation, effectiveness, ingredients, and affordability, plus another range of criteria we apply in a scoring system.
Main Active Ingredients
|1||Swisse Liver Detox||Milk Thistle, Global Artichoke & Tumeric||Tablets||5 STARS|
|2||Caruso’s Natural Health Liver Detox||Milk Thistle and Dandelion||Tablets||5 STARS|
|3||Thompson’s Liver Cleanse||Milk Thistle, Schisandra, Dandelion and Globe Artichoke||Tablets||4 STARS|
|4||Nature’s Way Liver Detox||Milk Thistle, Globe Artichoke and Tumeric||Tablets||4 STARS|
|5||Cenovis Liver Support||Milk Thistle||Tablets||4 STARS|
All the Liver Detox products we reviewed contained Milk Thistle as at least one of the main active ingredients. Milk Thistle is also known as St Mary’s Thistle and is a well know herbal remedy for the liver.
Swisse Ultiboost Liver Detox tablets ranked number One and have a combination of ingredients that detoxifies the liver and supports gall bladder and digestive health.
Swisse also has an impeccable reputation for superior quality ingredients and the price is very affordable – our shoppers found it under $12 on eBay.
But the standout for us was the numerous consumer reviews of 4 stars or more. Here are two reviews from happy consumers:
I was suffering from liver issues from last 2 years. Bloating, diarrhoea etc after eating meat, milk etc. Using it from last 2 months and 1 pill a day.. and working like a wonder…no issues from last two months.. from my personal experience, If you think your situation is worse and u are not getting benefit from it…then take it during meal (may be in starting..bcoz it takes around 10-15 mins to dissolve the pill in stomach)…for 1-2 months…and then right after meal is ok… Thanks Swiss
Hey I have been using this product for nearly 2-3 months now and its absolutely amazing. It helps a lot with bloating and aids in digestive system. If you have not tried this product I would highly recommend it.
Caruso’s Natural Health Liver Detox also contains Milk Thistle with the added benefit of Dandelion which has potent detoxification qualities. In addition, Caruso’s contains several other herbal ingredients to support the health and function of the liver and surrounding organs. Because of this, it’s possibly a superior product to Swisse, however, first appearance it seems more expensive. The cheapest our shoppers could find was $25 for 30 tablets, however, Caruso’s is only 1 tablet per day recommended dosage, so you are using half as much. Therefore, we gave both products 5 stars.
Thompson’s Liver Cleanse may not be as well known of a brand as Swisse, and this is in part to it being a New Zealand company. But the Thompson’s range of supplements are outstanding in quality and growing highly popular in Australia. Unfortunately, they are quite pricey – the cheapest our shoppers could find on ebay was $32 for 120 caps with a recommended dose of 1 to 4 capsules per day. Because of this and the fact that the brand is not Australian, lost its points and have it ranked third on our list.
We also found some great customer comments:
I can definitely recommend this product as it has eliminated my sugar cravings and I found I had more energy in the morning.
have taken this product for years and totally recommend it… I take one every day but more if I know I eat different food to normal ( sugary and grains) and alcohol.. this is also really good if you get headaches.. good all-rounder
Nature’s Way Liver Detox is a high quality, premium product on the market. It contains Milk Thistle, Globe Artichoke and Tumeric as well as lecithin they claim helps the detoxifying ingredients to work in unison with each other.
Nature’s Way is extremely good value for money for those on a budget. Our shoppers found it for as a low as $9.99 for 120 tablets with a recommended daily dose of 2, this equates to 16 cents per day!
The final product we reviewed is the Cenovis Liver Support product.
Cenovis often gets a tough rap because its one of the cheapest supplements on the market. But this doesn’t mean they compromise on quality. The Cenovis brand has been around for more than 70 years and is one of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands.
Its only ingredient is Milk Thistle, so it ranks on the bottom of our 5, however, its a perfectly fine and good quality product for people on a budget. Our shoppers have found it on eBay for $7 for 75 tablets.
Swisse Ultiboost Liver Detox
- Taurine 100mg
- Silybum marianum (Milk Thistle) seed 12.3g (12250mg)
- Schisandra chinensis (Schisandra) fruit 500mg
- Taraxacum officinale (Dandelion) leaf 50mg
Herbal extract equiv. to fresh:
- Cynara scolymus (Globe Artichoke) leaf 1.5g (1500mg)
No added: Dairy, egg, gluten, lactose, nuts, shellfish, soy, sugar, fish, sesame seed, artificial colouring, flavouring and preservatives. Suitable for vegetarian and vegan use
- Liver tonic formula
- Aids detoxification
- Assists to maintain healthy digestive function
- Aids to support liver function
- Helps to aid regeneration of liver cells
- Assists to support the detoxification process via the liver
- Individuals who seek a daily supplement to assist healthy digestive function
- Those who seek a daily supplement to support liver cells
- Individuals wanting to support their liver detoxification process
Adults: Take one to four capsules daily (with food), or as professionally advised
- Use only as directed and always read the label.
- If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare professional.
- Do not use if taking warfarin.
Caruso’s Natural Health Liver Detox
Herbal extracts equiv. to dry:
- Silybum marianum fruit (St Mary’s Thistle) (15,000mg) 15g Equiv. to Flavanolignans as Silybin 180mg
- Taraxacum officinale root (Dandelion) 500mg
- Bupleurum falcatum root (Bupleurum) 250mg
- Schisandra chinensis fruit (Schisandra) 250mg
- Astragalus membranaceus root (Astragalus) 100mg
- Berberis vulgaris root (Barberry) 50mg
- Inositol 250mg Choline bitartrate 250mg
- Taurine 150mg
- Liver protection and natural regeneration
- Gall bladder support
- Liver tonic
- Supporting liver function
- Those who would like to counteract the stressors and environmental toxins which affect us daily
- Those who regularly consume alcohol
- Those who eat a lot of fast foods or fatty foods
- Those who suffer from digestive disturbances such as indigestion or dyspepsia
- Those who want to reduce the potential damage to their body from harmful chemicals
- Those with gall bladder conditions
Adults take 1 tablet a day with a meal or as advised by your Healthcare Professional.
Not suitable for children under the age of 18.
- Do not use in gall bladder obstruction & in the presence of gallstones.
- Not suitable during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Take at least two hours away from all other pharmaceutical medications.
Thompson’s Liver Cleanse
- Silybum marianum (milk thistle) extract equivalent to seed 12.25g
- Cynara scolymus (globe artichoke) extract equivalent to leaf 1.5g
- Schisandra chinensis (schisandra) extract equivalent to fruit 500mg
- Taraxacum officinale (dandelion extract equivalent to leaf 50mg
- Taurine 100mg
- Herbal complex to support the liver, gall bladder and healthy digestive function.
- Assists to alleviate flatuance and bloating
- Helps to reduce the symptoms of nausea and vomiting
- Helps to support liver function
- Helps to protect the liver from toxic damage
- Assists to support the detoxification of the liver
- Suitable for individuals requiring a detoxification aid
- Individuals who seek a daily supplement to promote digestive health
- Use only as directed. Always read the label
- If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional
Nature’s Way Liver Detox
- Silybum marianum (St Mary’s thistle) ext. dry conc. stand. Equiv. to dry fruit 2.6g Equiv. to flavanolignans calculated as Silybin 30mg
- Cynara scolymus (Globe artichoke) ext. dry conc. stand. Equiv. to fresh leaf 1g
- Curcuma longa (Tumeric) ext. dry conc. stand. Equiv. to dry rhizome 750mg Equiv. to curcuminoids 24.4mg
- Lecithin 100mg
- No added lactose, gluten, yeast, egg or flavors.
It helps support liver function & detoxification, helps relieve symptoms of indigestion & bloating and provides antioxidant support
Men and Women looking to help support their liver function and to help relieve symptoms of indigestion and bloating.
Adults: Take 2 tablets daily with food or as recommended by your healthcare professional.
If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare professional. Consult your healthcare practitioner if pregnant. Do not use if tamper-evident seal is broken or missing. Store below 25˚C.
Cenovis Liver Support
- Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum) standardized extract equiv to dry fruit (7g) 7000mg equiv to flavanolignins calculated as Silybin 76mg.
- Help to protect, support and detoxify the liver
- Maintain liver function and supports liver regeneration, assisting as a natural liver tonic
- Has antioxidant properties and helps reduce the risk of free radical damage caused by alcohol, pollution and other factors
Men and Women looking to protect, support and detoxify the liver.
Adults take 3 tablets daily with food or as recommended by your healthcare professional.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
Store below 25C